Now that I have officially kicked off my new skincare line I wanted to share my daily skincare routine with you guys! This is for sure one of the most common questions I get asked and while I love sharing it I also love to remind you everyones skin is different and has different needs. If you are wanting a consultation on what to do for your skin specifically make sure you fill in the form here!
Why medical grade skincare?
As a board certified Aesthetic Nurse Practitioner and the founder of RFA medical grade skincare, I have a deep passion for blending beauty and aesthetic medicine to help others achieve their most confident self. My passion for skincare developed right after my pregnancy with Enzo. I developed terrible melasma and I felt so insecure leaving my house without foundation to cover it. It looked like I had dirt on my forehead. I felt especially terrible because I was supposed to be in the industry of helping people have flawless skin and here I was looking like I was walking around with a huge chunk of dirt on my forehead! I decided to take it upon myself to meticulously study skincare and the different ingredients as well as to personally trial the best practices to overcome pigmentation. I was able to clear my melasma 100% through topical medical grade skincare. It changed the way I was feeling about myself. It helped me gain confidence. It changed my life. I realized the power of medical grade skincare and the ability to completely transform my skin and I wanted to share that secret with the world!
The RFA line has been formulated with the most high quality, active ingredients and is designed to give you the best possible results. Having specialized in skincare and injectables for over 13 years, I have made it my mission to meticulously study the relationship between different skin concerns, skin products, and ingredients needed in order to achieve the best possible results. I have personally helped thousands of patients achieve their dream skin through my customized medical grade skincare plans and products. At RFA we understand that all skin types are different. We do not believe in cookie cutter or one size fits all programs. Our plans are tailor-made with one goal in mind…to help you achieve the best possible skin for YOU. I firmly believe that when you are feeling your very best and you are confident in your own skin, you carry that mentality into all aspects of your life.
MY CURRENT REGIMEN
I always practice what I preach….I don’t just talk the talk…I walk the walk!
I keep it nice and simple.
- If I workout I cleanse with Gentle Foamy. If I did not work out, then I skip the AM cleanse unless I feel like I sweat in my sleep or my face needs to be cleaned off for any reason!
- Every other morning I swipe a Koji-C pad on to help even my skin tone and tighten my skin for the day.
- Next, I hydrate my skin with HA peptide serum. This is the perfect lightweight daytime moisturizer. It sucks right into my skin like a big drink of water. I like to layer Restorative Lotion on top on days when I want extra hydration. That really locks in the serum.
- Recently, I have switched to using my very own RFA Prime + Protect SPF 40. This is a daily tinted SPF + moisturizer. It blends right into the skin and is a perfect universal tint for all skin types. It acts as a primer or base makeup if you dont want to wear any! I also love Elta UV Clear in tinted and use that from time to time as well.
- Lastly, I apply my Youthful Eye Cream. Just ½ pump and tap it in under my eyes to brighten them up for the day. The retinol in this eye cream helps to fight fine lines and wrinkles.
This is where it gets a little tricky. I am a product junkie so I obviously use many things and alternate and coordinate them into my plan 😉 If you are a newbie, less is more- you don’t have to go crazy like me. A few great products will CHANGE your skin! Most of my patients start slow and gradually increase their stash over time.
- Cleanse with Gentle Foamy Cleanser. This is my favorite gentle cleanser that truly just wipes the day away.
- Double Cleanse with either Bacteriostat Cleanser or RFA Exfoliating Scrub. This is the cleanse that washes your face.
*Think of that first cleanse as washing away the day. We are washing off all of that icky makeup, pollution, dirt, debris, SPF. Think of the second cleanse as the one where you are DOUBLE checking that your face is clean. We are getting that leftover residue from the first cleanse and making sure the skin is perfectly clean so we can absorb the products that follow.
- Weeknights, I alternate Lux Cream, Koji-C Pads, and my RFA Growth Factor Serum. I pretty much do a koji-C pad every single night. 3x per week I layer my Lux Cream on top of the Koji-C pads for that 1-2 punch against pigment and texture.
**Sometimes I use a Koji-C Pads and place Growth Serum on top and sometimes I put Growth serum on solo. This is also great to wear around on days I am at home with the kids with no makeup on.**
- On nights I am not using pads or exfoliating creams… I load up on the hydration. I recommend taking at least 1 if not 2 “off” nights each week. On this night you will not use any acids and instead will focus on hydration. I like to use my HA Peptide Serum first and then I lock it in with Hydralipid Moisturizer or Restorative Moisturizer.
- Youthful Eye Cream. My eye cream is typically my last step. This helps me fight wrinkles and aging in the delicate eye area. ½ pump is all you need. Less is more.
- Youthful Neck Cream. Don’t neglect the neck! This is a great product to help anti-age the skin on the neck and chest.
These are products I rotate into my plan regularly.
- I often layer my Radiant Vitamin C with my HA peptide in the AM, however I prefer it in the PM. I will sometimes use it on top of my Koji-C pads or Lux Cream. I also layer with moisturizer on nights I am not using a pad. All Vitamin C serums are NOT created equal. This one is specifically formulated for maximum penetration. This product help to fight off free radicals and protect and nourish the skin all while anti-aging. It contains a little salicylic and ascorbic acid to brighten the complexion. It feels so dreamy!
- Refreshing Toner. I like to use about 2-3 spritz of this on my face in the morning. It helps to clean and tone the skin. I sometimes will use 2 sprays on top of my mineral makeup and this helps to “set” the makeup.
- Hydralipid or Restorative Moisturizer.
Once per week
I do my weekly Lux Treatments Pad! I usually wear overnight, but at times when my skin is feeling dry I will wear for just 30 minutes, rinse, and lather on the HA peptide serum with Hydralipid on top!
My new Cranberry Skin Tightening Mask! I am LOVING this product. It contains exfoliating enzymes that help to tighten the skin. I leave it on for about 15-30 minutes and then I rinse and apply my Radiant Vitamin C after.
RFA Skincare Products
Lets breakdown the products I use a little bit more!
Gentle Foaming Cleanser = works gently, but intensively to remove all impurities while nourishing your skin leaving you feeling cleansed and refreshed.
Koji Pads = fighting pigmentation and evening my skin tone. These are my #1 fav product I use.
HA Peptide Serum = a powerful hyaluronic acid serum moisturizer sucks into the skin like a “big drink of water” and provides daily hydration while also plumping the skin and providing anti-aging benefits.
Prime and Protect SPF 40 = Guard against the sun’s damaging rays with this daily SPF 40 facial sunscreen. This lightweight, fast-absorbing, and easy-to-blend lotion provides protection from UVA, UVB, and HEV blue light rays while leaving no chalky white cast.
Youthful Eye Cream = rich hydration, this deeply moisturizing cream helps to smooth fine lines & wrinkles while state of the art microcirculation ingredients minimize dark circles & puffiness
Bacteriostat Cleanser = antibacterial cleanser is safe for sensitive skin types while helping fight acne infections by eliminating undesirable bacteria
Lux Cream= One cream does it all. A nice gentle retinol paired with Vitamin C and 5 different brighteners.
Exfoliating Scrub = gently exfoliate, refresh and revitalize your complexion, while simultaneously refining the feeling of skin for a brighter-looking appearance
Growth Factor Serum = botox in a bottle. This really sucks into the skin and tightens and plumps the skin. I like to use this on the nights I am not using Lux Cream.
Hydralipid = A little heavier than Restorative. It contains fatty acids, cholesterol, and ceramides to anti-age, nourish, and repair the lipid barrier.
Restorative = A little lighter than Hydralipid. It contains azelaic and niacinamide to help treat pigment and redness while hydrating and nourishing the skin.
Youthful Neck Cream = intensive anti-aging treatment formulated specifically for the neck and décolleté. Helps firm and tighten skin, support the restoration of lost collagen and elastin, and diminish the appearance of age spots and uneven skin tone
Radiant Vitamin C Serum = a high potency antioxidant formula, delivers an instant brightening, firming, and plumping boost, while reducing dark spots, pores, and wrinkles
Refreshing Toner = a hydrating toner with therapeutic amino acid action for all skin types
Are you ready to achieve your best skin yet? Whether you are dealing with sun damage, acne, rosacea, pregnancy, or just looking for overall anti-aging and skin brightening….we’ve got you covered! Reach out to the email in our bio or fill out a form on our website to get started with your very own customized skin care plan.
Medical Grade Skincare
Backed by Science
Driven by results
Delivered with love
For Custom Complimentary Skin care consultation please email us here we would love to design a plan just for you.