Close out summer with some awesome summer recipes. I follow an 80/20 diet. I eat clean 80% of the time so that I can indulge on those date nights and weekends with my family. You gotta live a little! My motto is everything in moderation is key. This is what works for me and does not feel restricting which is important to me. If I want to really dial in my diet I use the 1stPhorm App to track my macros.
Darcy Kammeier is here once again to spoil us with some awesome recipes that will keep your summer going strong! First some quick info about Darcy:
- She is a dear friend of our family and has worked at 1st Phorm for over 7 years!
- She loves crossfit
- Her favorite skin care product is Koji Pads
- Favorite dessert is ice cream
If you want to work with her or follow along on her journey you can here:
Summer Spinach Salad
– 1 package (5 ounces) organic spinach
– 8 ounces strawberries, halved (about 2 cups)
– 1 large avocado, sliced
– ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
– ½ cup feta crumbles
– ⅓ cup raw sliced almonds
Balsamic Strawberry Vinaigrette:
– 3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 1 garlic clove, grated or finely minced
– ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
– 1/2 tablespoon strawberry jam (or jam of choice)
– Freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
In a mason jar or small bowl, add all of the dressing ingredients. Shake or mix well to combine. Taste and add additional salt/pepper, if necessary.
Toast the almonds on the stovetop: add the almonds to a pan and place over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 2-5 minutes until almonds are slightly golden brown. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Add spinach to a large bowl, layer on the strawberries, avocado slices, red onion, feta, toasted almonds, and chopped pistachios. Feel free to add dressing now or set it out for individual servings. Top salad bowls with extra toasted almonds and drizzle each bowl with 1/4 of the dressing.
Turkey Avocado Wrap
– 2 large (low-carb) tortillas or wraps
– 1/2 cup Simply Avocado Dip and Spread your choice of flavor
– 8 oz thinly sliced smoked turkey
– 1 1/4 cups spinach leaves & 1/2 tomato
– 4 slices Swiss cheese
Lay your tortillas flat. Spread 1/4 cup of Simply Avocado onto each tortillas. Layer the turkey, spinach, Swiss cheese and bacon over 2/3 of the tortilla, leaving the last 1/3 with just the avocado on it. Starting at the end with all the toppings, roll the tortilla tightly. Eat or slice!!