Happy August! Summer isn’t over yet! We still have plenty of nice weather ahead of us and lots of grilling out to do. With Summer weather comes summertime food. It’s always nice to add new, fresh recipes to your collection. Easy, fresh, tasty & healthy recipes are hard to come by, so when I find new ones, I love sharing them with my friends & family. Whether you have a BBQ to go to soon or just want a new recipe for your nights at home, here are some of our yummy new favorites!
Greek Salad Pinwheels
Who doesn’t love a Greek salad & a pinwheel? These are delicious and even a great lunch option!
- 2 Large Tortillas
- ½ cup hummus- Flavor of Choice
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta Cheese
- ¼ cup chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped & pitted kalamata Olives
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Optional: Protein of your choice
Lay the tortillas out and spread hummus evenly over each one.
Divide the feta, tomato, olives and spinach between the tortillas, covering the tortillas completely.
Tightly roll up the tortillas. Place them seam-side down on the cutting board or on a plate.
Chill the rolls in the fridge for 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
Remove the wraps from the fridge and cut each roll into about 8 pieces. If you’re making a wrap, cut it in half. Enjoy!
Italian Chopped Brussels Sprouts Salad
This salad is full of delicious flavors! It can be served as a main course for lunch or a nice side for dinner.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoons sugar or honey, depending on how sweet you like your dressing
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, ended trimmed and outer leaves removed
- 1-(15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4-6 oz thinly sliced Genoa salami, cut in half or julienned
- 1 1/2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup pitted sliced kalamata or sliced black olives
- ¼ cup sliced pepperoncinis
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup cubed provolone cheese
- ¼ cup shaved or shredded parmesan
Dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, sugar/honey, garlic, dijon, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
Next, shred the brussels sprouts by using a food processor with the slicing attachment and pulse until the brussels sprouts are thinly sliced. If you don’t have a food processor, feel free to use a sharp knife to thinly slice.
Add shredded brussels to a large bowl and pour the dressing all over. Coat the brussels with the dressing. Let the dressing sit and marinate the brussels for 30 minutes.
Next add in the chickpeas, salami, tomatoes, olives, pepperoncinis, red onion, provolone cheese cubes, shaved parmesan. Toss to combine. Serve immediately with extra black pepper.
Guacamole Stuffed Eggs
A healthy & unique spin off on deviled eggs! Protein + Fat = satisfying combination!
- 6 large hard boiled eggs, cooled and peeled
- 2 avocados, pitted and peeled
- ¼ fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tablespoons green onion, green and light green portion only, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of paprika for garnish
Cut eggs vertically in half and discard yolk.
In a medium bowl, mash together avocados then stir in cilantro, green onion, red pepper flakes, tomato, lime juice and sea salt.
Spoon filling into the egg whites.
Then sprinkle with paprika for garnish.
Store in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
I hope you & your family enjoy these new recipes as much as we have been enjoying them! What I love about all three of these recipes is, you can make them as a side of your meal or your main course by adding an extra protein to them. Happy Cooking!