Hi everyone! I am so excited & happy to be featured here on Racquel’s blog and to be a part of her dream team. My name is Annie, and I am a licensed esthetician and certified medical assistant at Racquel Aesthetics. I previously worked in a plastic surgeon’s practice in Chicago’s Gold Coast where I learned the fundamentals of skin and corrective procedures, which is truly my passion. I am now living out my dream career working alongside Racquel and the entire team here back in my hometown at her practice. Let’s talk about one of my personal favorites & one of our most requested peels we offer, which is the Lumify Peel.
The Lumify Peel
This peel is unique & what ultimately sets it apart from other peels is its two-step process application. The first step is the blended peel solution which is applied at the time of your appointment. This peel solution is then worn home for 4 hours then rinsed off—so yes, no makeup after your peel! The second portion is the peeling cream that you will use the next six nights in a row that will come in your post peel kit to take home. The peeling cream is a prescription strength cream compounded in our office to meet your needs. This two-step process makes this peel a corrective powerhouse addressing several skin concerns such as pigmentation, melasma, acne, fine lines and wrinkles & overall discoloration of the skin. The results? More even, radiant, healthy-looking skin!
If you are new to peels, something you should know is that there generally is a degree of downtime involved depending on the type of peel & the strength that is chosen based on your needs & goals. What is so great about our Lumify Peel is that we customize the strength of the peel to either level 1, 2, or 3 strengths depending on the results & downtime you desire. During the next 3-5 days post peel, you will go through a peeling phase. During this phase, your skin may feel dry, look flakey in appearance, and darken. You may also experience redness, tightness, itchiness much like a sunburn.
Something EXTREMELY important to refrain from doing is picking the skin off during the peeling phase. Even though this may be tempting, the skin will slough off on its own when it is ready. Picking the skin off too soon can cause permanent pigmentation damage and scarring to the skin. Keep that in mind when booking your appointment for a peel, so that you can allow for the peeling process to occur before any major event/vacation you may have planned. Another bonus to our Lumify Peel is that everyone will get to go home with a post-procedure peel kit that has all the products you need for the days following to help with the peeling and healing process!
Before and After a Lumify Peel
TIPS TO AVOID BEFORE YOUR TREATMENT:
- Avoid sun exposure prior to your scheduled peel
- Avoid any brightening products in your skincare regimen
- You must not be currently on Accutane
- Avoid any forms of exfoliation at least 24 hours before your appointment
TIPS TO AVOID AFTER YOUR TREATMENT:
- Heat & direct sun exposure for 4 weeks after your peel
- Avoid exercising 2-3 days post peel as it can cause further irritation and inflammation of the skin
- Avoid acids & exfoliants in your skincare regimen 1-2 weeks post peel- this includes retinol, Retin-A (tretinoin), glycolic, salicylic, and lactic acids, & benzol peroxide
- Your esthetician will inform you on what products to avoid & which products to use (the kit you will receive) after the peel
AM I A CANDIDATE?
If you are someone who suffers from pigmentation, melasma, acne, sun damage, fine lines and wrinkles then peels are great for you! I generally recommend peels to a vast majority of clients because I always think it is a great starting point for someone who suffers from any of the above skin concerns. Don’t underestimate the power of a chemical peel because peels have the strength and ability to drastically improve the skin. Peels can be done as a stand-alone treatment or in combination with other aesthetic treatments, such as lasers.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Treatment wise, I always recommended a series of peels spaced 4 weeks apart. 3-4 treatments in a series are a great starting point for most clients and what I generally suggest for optimal results. Once your treatment series is completed, I usually recommended maintenance peels every quarter. This will be discussed during your consultation once I am able to do a full skin analysis and hear what your concerns and goals are
- You should expect a downtime of 3-5 days, however this will vary based on the strength of the peel that we customize based on your needs
- Generally, clients will see results 5-7 days after the peel & once all peeling is complete
My passion is helping clients feel good and drastically improve and correct their skin concerns. There is nothing more rewarding to me than being a part of each client’s skin journey from start to finish. Don’t sleep on our Lumify Peel! It truly can transform your skin! Who doesn’t want healthier, brighter, more radiant skin? Another bonus is that you can do chemical peels during the summer so long as you plan accordingly with your schedule, are open to a little bit of downtime & avoid direct sun exposure the days following! I can’t wait to meet you and help you achieve the skin you deserve and CAN have here at Racquel Aesthetics! xo!
Follow me on Instagram: @aestheticswithannie
Email me: email@example.com